Sunday, February 26, 2012

Finding Joy in Motherhood...


This pretty little lady has been getting over having croup this week. Let's just say it's been "one of those weeks". You know the kind where miraculously your body somehow finds a way to live on practically no sleep and still manages to function all day long. The kind where you will not find an ounce of patience left in yourself and the sound of "Mommy? Mommy?" almost drives you completely bonkers. Come on folks, we've all been there right?!

I may have completely lost my mind on Tuesday morning yelling at my husband for a reason I cannot even remember anymore (Wait a minute, it may have been Tuesday and Wednesday hahahaha!). This would definitely be the week that my husband deserves an award for finding a way to co-exist in the same house with me, and even in the same bed, for dealing with my complete lack of sanity as a result of Motherhood.

Can I show you something without you judging me? Andy brought home this assignment he did in class on his 100th day of school. The book was filled with the endings to words like ___ish   ___at and he had to complete the word by writing the beginning.


I was really excited as I got scrolling through the book to see the words he had written and then I got to the __it column.... (#39 below)


It wasn't one of my most proud moments as a Mom. I was actually surprised he picked that word because the word I usually blurt out in haste would have started with Damn. Ha!

If I'm being honest with you, during weeks like this I usually find that I have to dig deep to find the joy in Motherhood. All I really wanted to do was snuggle in my bed and watch Cake Boss on Netflix and I could care less how messy the house was. I am really sounding terrible right about now, aren't I? The truth is, despite the **it incident, I can honestly say how much God loves me because he sent me this handsome young man. He was my saving grace this week.


This has been hanging on my fridge since Valentine's Day. Andy made it for me at school. "I love you because you make my dinner and lunch and breakfast."


Earlier this week they were using stamps in one of their centers and he brought this home for me. He even stamped the period with a heart.  Awww...


And then on Friday, out of the blue he handed me something extra special.


I learned a big lesson this week. I learned that if you pay close enough attention, you can always find joy in your life through small and simple things. This week, it was the constant reminder that my sweet Andy loved me every day. And all the trials of Motherhood this week seem so small now when I think about it.

Andy's Artwork (He asked me if I could find the hidden message in the sky, hee hee)

This is what matters most folks...This family of mine is my JOY! I am one lucky Momma!

0 Responses to “Finding Joy in Motherhood...”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint