Monday, August 10, 2009

"L" is for Lion


I haven't been successful in finding a preschool for Andy yet so I've started doing my own preschool with Andy at home during the week. (Ok, not finding a preschool was a good excuse to do it myself because I am loving it!) I'm trying to go for the "Letter of the Day" theme like on Sesame Street. I know I'm all crazy bargain shopper lately, but I have to tell you that I found like 20 preschool workbooks at the D.I. completely empty and ready for use and I was soooo excited since they normally cost like $8.00 each and I got them from $.50 to $2.00. Some of them are totally 80's but it's all the same stuff, right!

Andy and I have been anxiously awaiting enough empty toilet paper rolls for the letter "L" because we knew we'd have so much fun making Lions after we learned all about the letter "L"!

You will need:
- paper cups (one per animal)
- toilet paper roll (one per animal)
- scissors
- tape
- paint and paint brushes
- hole punch
- pipecleaner (one per animal)
- wool or raffia
- permanent marker

Directions:

1. Paint the outside of a small paper cup and toilet paper roll with brown and yellow paint. Then paint the bottom of the paper cup yellow.


2. Once the paint is dry, cut around the base of the paper cup about an inch from the bottom. Then cut slits around the cup and fold them up to form a mane.

3. Draw on facial features using a permanent marker. (I didn't use a marker that was thick enough and Andy got a little carried away with the nose, just to warn you!) I also added the wiggly eyes instead of drawing them because I am obsessed with wiggly eyes!

4. Punch 4 holes in the toilet paper roll where you want the legs to go. Cut a pipecleaner in half, then thread each half through two holes to form the front and back legs. Tape the legs securely in place on the inside of the toilet paper roll.

5. Wrap wool or raffia around the toilet paper roll to add fuzz and texture. (I hung some off the back to make a tail and taped it in place)

6. Carefully glue or tape the head onto the body.


0 Responses to “"L" is for Lion”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint