Sunday, November 6, 2011

Taking the Time to See the Details...

I don't know about you but whenever I walk into my children's bedroom after they've been in there playing for quite some time, it usually looks like a tornado swept through it. I have to admit that sometimes I pay little attention to detail and just tell them it's time to clean up.



But the other day I stood in their disastrous bedroom and realized how much I'm missing out on whenever I'm in a hurry to get it all cleaned up. When I take the time to pay attention to the small details the joy of Motherhood swells in my heart as I witness my children's amazing creativity.

They got every detail down just perfect from the ground underneath...


to the food in the animals mouths...


to even providing shelter for some of the animals...


to making sure there was plants and greenery...


and trees...


And even tree frogs in trees...


They even found a nice pond for Mr. Plesiosaur...


Sometimes I get so carried away in getting it all done, in staying caught up, in keeping up the housework that I don't appreciate these special moments. Before long, these boys of mine will be outgrown of Lego's and creating scenes with their animals. Before long, the tubs of toys will be replaced with computers and crazy posters all over the walls. Before long, there will be a sign hung on the outside of their door that reads "Boys Only" and I won't even be permitted to step foot inside....

I better start enjoying these messes. They only come around once a lifetime!

0 Responses to “Taking the Time to See the Details...”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint