Sunday, August 14, 2011

Zebra-Print Themed Birthday


My pretty little lady turned one this week and since my family had plans to get together this weekend at my house, we decided to have a little birthday celebration for her. I had just planned on making cupcakes but then I saw these cute zebra print cupcake liners and had a billion ideas go through my head, so we ended up with quite a bit more decorations than planned. haha!


Here is the little display I had on the counter with the cupcakes. I found some frames on clearance at Target that were black and pink so I picked a couple of my favorite pictures of Lila to add to the display.


I've never piped frosting on cupcakes before but I was very happy with how they turned out. I was going to use the buttercream frosting recipe HERE, but ran out of time so I ended up taking a trip to the Macy's bakery Friday night and they tinted the frosting pink for me. They even have all their sprinkles separated by colors so you can ask them to mix up the colors you want.


My sister-in-law made some caramel and chocolate covered pretzels the other weekend for my other sister-in-law's wedding and we loved them so much that I decided to make some again for the party. I thought using the white with chocolate stripes went along great with the theme. And believe me, THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!


I also decided to make some bunting for decorations. I purchased some sheets of zebra striped scrapbook paper and different colors of pink from Michael's and used the tutorial HERE to make it.
 

I absolutely loved how the bunting turned out! The only thing different I did while using the tutorial is that I used a glue stick to glue the triangles together instead of just using double-stick tape. I also added black circles and white glitter letters to spell out "happy birthday lila".


It was hard to get a good picture of the cuteness of the bunting, so this is the best I could do. A party isn't complete without balloons too, so I got pink and zebra striped balloons at the party store.


I've seen people do a picture collage of baby's first year and wanted to incorporate that too, so this is what I came up with.


I bought some of those mini clothespins and used them to attach the pictures to a pink ribbon and then I simply taped the collage to the wall. I liked the clothespin idea because now I can just take the pictures off and use them to complete her baby book that I've never finished.  :)


I find it kind of funny that we avoid giving our children sweets when they are babies and then suddenly when they turn one, we let them indulge in cake. But oh well, I did it anyways....


And as you can see, Lila definitely indulged!  :)


I had fun taking some pictures of her holding a couple of her balloons to go along with her birthday theme.



Since I put all this together in like 3 days, I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I have lots of fun with birthday's. This past January we had a Dinosaur themed party for my boys, so I can't wait till the next one to try something different.

Happy Crafting!!

0 Responses to “Zebra-Print Themed Birthday”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint