Friday, October 7, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

It's been one of those days the last couple days...You know the "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad" kind of days.... In fact, I told my children that this morning after I accidentally dropped a bag of cereal on the floor and tiny fruit loops dispersed all over the kitchen floor. Some of which I'm certain are underneath the stove and fridge which I will find 5 years from now when I finally get around to cleaning underneath them. haha! My kids showed no sympathy and actually laughed at me saying that. Which very well could be because they love that book so much, but regardless....It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

And then when I tried to call the Doctor to make my dreaded annual appt (yes, I dared say that on my blog, ha) my phone decided to hang up the call before I could finish making my appointment. And then when I called back, it repeatedly hung up about 10 times (no joke) after being transferred to the appointment scheduling desk. The Receptionists no doubt thought I was crazy....Really, they thought I was crazy! So after an hour of trying and realizing my phone had LITERALLY taken it's last breathe finally after 2 1/2 yrs I decided I was just having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Did I mention my hubby has been on graveyard shift this week so he's been sleeping during the day while my 3 kids act like crazy monkeys??? Usually I corral the boys outside for long periods of time to attempt to maintain quiet in the house, but it decided to snow yesterday....Like all day long and I thought "Of course it's snowing since it's a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day!"

Oh, and can I tell you the worst thing EVER! This could certainly be read in the "It happened to me" section of Parents Magazine. I decided the kids and I needed to just leave the house so hubby could actually get a little bit of sleep so I put Lila in her car seat and tell the kids to get in the car. The boys just leave the doors open until I come around and buckle them in before I get in the car. Well, Luke brought along a little spider with him and accidentally dropped it out of the car before I got to buckling him in his car seat. Apparently he thought he could just lean out of the car to reach it....Mind you, he's not buckled in his car seat! Well, suddenly I heard this huge crash and bang and Luke screaming, and I run over to see him on the driveway with his car seat on top of him. He had scraped up his chin, his arm and LITERALLY had a goose egg the size of King Kong on the back of his head. It was so big I was certain he had a concussion or something so I immediately began wondering if this was worthy of an ER visit. Then I realized, Mark had taken my insurance card a couple weeks ago to the Dr and didn't return it to me. So now I'm having Luke hold a bag of frozen peaches to the back of his head (thank heavens for frozen food!) while I'm in my bedroom where Mark is sleeping hunting around for his wallet in the dark to find my insurance card. So much for Mark sleeping today, right?!! After finding the insurance card and doing a Google search for symptoms of a concussion, I decided Luke just had a REALLY BAD BONK and opted to not take him to the ER. Like I said, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

But wait, this story wouldn't be complete without informing you that I have had a COLD this entire week...Like I can hardly drag myself out of bed and I've almost consumed an entire bottle of DayQuil and NyQuil the last week kind of cold....YEP FOLKS, it definitely was a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY!!

PS-One of the worst things ever is when you wake up in the morning and it's so cold in the house that the butter in the glass container on the kitchen counter is no longer spreadable...I HATE THAT!!

PPS-For your viewing pleasure....

0 Responses to “Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint