Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why 4yrs old is the BEST age...

I don't know what it is about Fall but as soon as it arrives, I always feel this sudden urgency to get in as many long walks and bike rides as possible...Maybe it's knowing the holidays are quickly approaching so it's like a mad dash to get in as much exercise as possible before gaining a billion pounds the last 2 months of the year from all that irresistible holiday food (curse you carbohydrates! LOL)....But at any rate, while Andy was off track for 4 weeks we have enjoyed such a fun time on our walks every morning.

Can I tell you something amazing? My 4yr old is a child that has struggled grasping the concept of peddling a bicycle. We have tried and tried to get him to understand how to do it, walked along with him pushing down his feet peddling for him, but nothing. As you can imagine, it has been a pretty frustrating last 2yrs with him wanting to do it, but not grasping the concept, especially since Andy learned how to ride WITHOUT training wheels at 4yrs old. Well guess what folks?


We FINALLY have Luke peddling...There might possibly have been a couple tears shed in shear excitement on his behalf. What can I say, it was a very momentous event for our family.  haha!  :)

So once he got the hang of peddling I tried to get him to go faster. He ignored me and kept going along at his slow pace around the loop. Then after hounding him several times to try peddling faster he gave me one of those crusty looks and a big lecture about how I always taught him that he needs to be safe and going fast isn't safe. Oh how I love this child of mine!

Four years old is such a great age isn't it? Like the other day when the kids were in the backseat repeatedly asking me, "Did you know.....?"  "Did you know.....?" Finally after about 20 questions I said, "Andy, I know everything so you don't need to ask me anymore, ok." Andrew, being the 6 almost 7 year old that he is exclaimed that no, I didn't actually know EVERYTHING! But sweet Luke stuck up for me all the way folks! He quickly yelled over to Andy, "Andy, YES she does! All Mommy's know EVERYTHING!" So true Luke, SO TRUE! And you have my permission to stay 4yrs old for the rest of your life so you don't forget that.  LOL!


He may be slow at peddling, but boy does he have some A+ somersault skills!!

0 Responses to “Why 4yrs old is the BEST age...”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint