Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 10 Posts of 2011

If you haven't noticed, we have been taking a break from crafts at our house this past week while enjoying family, discovering all the new toys and me attempting to get my house back in a semi-decent order. Ha! So in lieu of a new craft today, I thought it would be fun to review the most viewed posts from this year. I've got to tell you though, I'm quite surprised at which posts have been most viewed because honestly, not even half of them were any of my favorites of the year. So tomorrow I'm going to review our favorites that didn't make the cut.

Each picture is linked to the original post and each post includes books we read to go along with the craft or activity.

#10 Sock Snowman
Our snowman sock family (we have a total of 5) still live on the couch in the front room. My boys enjoy rearranging them at least once a day and I often find them hurling them across the room at each other. Can't wait to add more to our family next Winter.

#9 Paper Plate Dinosaurs
This fun little creature is Luke's #1 choice of crafts we've done this year. We have made these paper plate dinosaurs every year since Andy was 3 years old, and even included them in our Dinosaur themed birthday party in January of this year.

#8 Mister Seahorse
The painting technique with shaving cream and acrylic paint made such a beautiful effect on this seahorse. I love how the yarn makes the seahorse come to life, not to mention that it helped us practice tying knots!

#7 Paper Plate Pirate
I saw the idea for this paper plate pirate in The Mailbox Magazine for Teachers. This was one of my favorite crafts we completed this year.

#6 Mr Shark Alphabet Chomper Game
Luke still LOVES this activity! Such a perfect activity for preschoolers to practice letter recognition. Another great find out of The Mailbox Magazine.

#5 Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Activity and Snack

FAVORITE snack of all time right here! Even as an adult, I LOVE eating fun food!  :)

#4 Life Cycle of a Chicken
So surprised this was in the top 10. When I was completing this project I actually thought people would think it was silly. One of my readers suggested making the baby chick out the child's handprint too. Love that idea!

#3 A Plump and Perky Turkey
These silly turkeys were so much fun to make. Definitely want to make these again next year but plan on adding accordian feet to finish them off. Wish I would have thought about that this year.

#2 The Very Hungry Caterpillar
These caterpillars were so fun to make using balloon prints. We added some blue into the green paint to make it look just like the book. My boys had so much fun painting in details around the caterpillar. They turned out so bright and cheerful!

#1 Owl Babies

These Owl Babies turned out even more cute than I imagined. The small details came together so perfectly on this craft, like the crinkled paper bag for the branch with the lines and knots drawn in. I even loved how we added gold glitter glue all over the paper which acted as stars in the sky. This craft was definitely in our top 10 of this year.

I just have to say how much I have enjoyed having a blog this year. In my wildest dreams, I never expected to have regular readers, let alone 500 followers. I know I don't know any of you (ok, there are like 5 people that I actually know IRL), but I can't help but feel like you are all a part of my life. This blog has been such a great outlet for me this year and I really want to thank you for all your comments and support. Really, I know people say that all the time on their blogs, but I seriously, REALLY mean it...Thank you!

**In case you missed the earlier post, come and enter the giveaway for a FranklinCovey Planner. It's a $24.95 value and is a great way to start off the year organized!  :)  CLICK HERE to go to the Giveaway. It ends January 3rd at 10:00am (MST).

0 Responses to “Top 10 Posts of 2011”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint