Sunday, May 22, 2011

Storytime with LIFE SIZE FUN--"The Dinosaur Tamer"

My boys LOVE dinosaurs, especially this little handsome fellow...


So when I picked up the book "The Dinosaur Tamer" by Carol Greathouse from the library, I knew it would be a huge hit! This book screams cowboys and dinosaurs!


There isn't a dinosaur in the land that would think of giving Rocky, the best Dinosaur Tamer that ever did live, a lick of trouble. That is, until he meets T. Rex, the rip-roarin'est, snip-snortin'est, flame-breathin'est reptillian that ever did stomp the earth. Rocky's efforts to tame T. Rex take the disagreeing duo on a Western adventure of epic proportion.


It is written to be read in a Western accent so you can imagine how much fun and giggling I got from my boys with me reading it so silly and not in my normal voice.


Now sure we could have done a craft with this book, but EVEN BETTER I thought was to let my boys have a hoot and a hollerin time having the experience of being REAL-LIFE Dinosaur Tamers...


What preschooler doesn't love huge life-size inflatable dinosaurs, right??? The better question is, what adult doesn't love them??...They are AWESOME!! hahaha

So after some serious dino wrestling...


And tons of dino butt-kicking...


These mighty large T-Rex's became tamed....And then there was some cute dino-love...


And since they wouldn't fit in the playhouse...


They got to peek in through the windows to get in on all that top secret boy stuff...


And after such a long day of some SERIOUS play, and since they were now NICE T-REX's, we even let them come inside and watch some Godzilla with us...


I actually didn't purchase these awesome dinosaurs for my boys, it was my sweet, wonderful Grandma who did (I know, she's the BEST!!), but I know exactly where she got them. So if you have a dinosaur lover in your house, FOR REALS, this experience is a MUST!

Happy Adventure Time!!

0 Responses to “Storytime with LIFE SIZE FUN--"The Dinosaur Tamer"”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint