Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Best Things in Life are Free

Since the moment I was born I was a Daddy's girl. He picked out my name and throughout my childhood with a bat of my eyelashes he would give me anything I wanted. I was his little girl with curly red hair that he adored. I'm sure he still adores me now but sadly, I no longer have a relationship with him. Or rather, the relationship that is there is pretty non-existent. It's complicated to say the least, but saying as how I had always felt a strong bond with my Dad as a child, it is something I struggle with on a daily basis emotionally.

If there is one thing my Dad taught me growing up that I will take with me forever it is that your family are the most important people in your life. I wish I could some how re-teach that lesson to him now, but regardless, I have heartfelt gratitude to him for the years I had with him that he taught me such a great lesson.

It's not the "things" we have in life that make us happy. It's not the new fancy car, or boat, or award-winning home interior...It's not Facebook or Twitter or this blog or pinning things on Pinterest that bring happiness to your life (ok ok Pinterest might possibly make me happy haha)....It doesn' t matter if your husband has a job of high status and mine doesn't or if you have 5 kids and I only 3. It doesn't matter if I weigh 200 lbs and you only weigh 112 lbs (lucky devil!). Those things don't define your life....Those things don't go with you past the grave. What matters most in life and the best things in life are the free memories you make every day with those that you love. Those are the things that you will carry with you forever. Those are the things that truly define who you are...

That is why this past week was so special to me. For the forever memories that were made with the people that I love...


















How blessed I am to have siblings that love my children as their own. How blessed I am that my siblings too know that the best things in life are free...

 


Don't trade your happiness for frills or fancies. Look in front of you...The love you have with your family is irreplaceable. These moments are priceless, these moments are the best you will ever have.

My Family at Star Valley, Wyoming Family Reunion Trip 2011


0 Responses to “The Best Things in Life are Free”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint