Sunday, July 31, 2011

Zoo, First Grade, Wedding and Happiness

Boy, we have had some busy fun-filled last couple of weeks! We started off our week by spending a Free Day at the Zoo through my husband's work. In June they opened up a Dinosaur Exhibit where they have robotic dinosaurs throughout the park, and since we had just been in May, we honestly didn't go to see the animals....We just wanted to see the new dinosaurs! We loved all the dinosaurs! The Dilophosaurus' sprayed water out of their mouth which was fun and refreshing since it was so blasted HOT!



Included in the free admission was unlimited rides on the carousel. You better believe we lived that up!  :)

Mark wasn't able to go with us because he had to work and the other available day to go (when he didn't work), was his Sister's wedding, so we brought my good friend's Nancy and Brock. Brock puts together Dinosaurs for a living (yes, I know, I have cool friends! haha!) so it was fun to learn about all the dinosaurs with him there.


Lila was such a big girl walking around all the exhibits. I can't believe my baby girl is almost a year old.


We also got our face's painted for free. Andy had a crocodile and Luke had a dinosaur. We have never done this before, so it was so fun! The kids were upset they had to wash their faces later that night.


The very next morning Andy started first grade! Here he is before walking to school.


After school Andy said first grade was even more fun than Kindergarten. His teacher allows one person out of the class to be the King or Queen for the day and be the big helper all day long. Andy was chosen first out of the class to be King and he got to wear a crown all day. He was a happy camper!


We also attended my Sister-in-law's wedding on Friday. I didn't get too many pictures because I had to wrestle Lila around so much. This is a picture from my Mother-in-law's camera of the bride, groom and all the grand kids in the family.


My boys had the time of their life playing with their Uncle David. We don't get to see him very often so it was special for them to spend time with him.


My Mother-in-law Linda with granddaughter Alexa.
Alexa was the flower girl. She was darling!! Andy was the ring bearer. They did awesome! 

Andrew, Alexa and Luke in their matching outfits.

We've had family staying at our house all weekend so it's been crazy and fun!!

Oh, and earlier this week we had tangerines with dinner. Andy said, "Do I look happy Mommy?" and put a slice in his mouth. It was so funny! 

I seriously just so happened to have my camera sitting on the kitchen counter so after I was finished laughing I had him do it again so I could take a picture.
My children give me these reminders on a daily basis that we should find joy in the simplest of things...I know I say this every week, but they are my greatest blessing!

0 Responses to “Zoo, First Grade, Wedding and Happiness”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint