Friday, June 10, 2011

My Curtain Project

I mentioned in an earlier post that I bought some fabric to make some curtains for that awkward 10in. window in my master bathroom. We decided it would be best to just put a little tension rod inside the window for the curtains since it was such a small space. Mark found one at the D.I. for like 50 cents (haha). I've been putting off making them because I'm a new sewer and didn't exactly know how to tackle the project. I got motivated the other night though and got them finished. Here is the fabric I chose.


I walked around the fabric store for an hour, it is so hard for me to pick out fabrics. My husband works rotating graveyard shifts so I had to pick a darker fabric to keep out as much light as possible. Since the fabric I picked out was a little bit pricey, I picked out a cheaper white fabric with a little bit of texture to make my back lining with.


I am really pleased with how they turned out.


This was taken during the day so you can see that some of the sunlight does shine through them but it's ok. It's always nice to have some natural light. Here is the underside showing the white fabric. We obviously never see this side, but from the outside it looks better than just being bare.


It has really been fun for me to learn how to sew. I know this is totally cliche but I feel like it's made me more. I mean, I can add on my list now that I can actually thread a bobbin and sew in a straight line. Not everyone can do that, you know! haha LOL!

On a different note, have you ever seen something in a store and even though you didn't even have any use for it and it was a bit of a splurge, you just couldn't live without it so bought it???


This would be that purchase for me. Isn't it delicious??!! This yellow rose bouquet makes me so happy! I don't even care if it doesn't fit the style of the room, it just makes my heart happy when I look at sitting on the table. Yellow does that to me! Sometimes you just need that splurge!!

Well, it's a nice day out today, time to go teach this little lady how to look through the magnifying glass at bugs, instead of eat them (and the bugs, ew)...


She is definitely a heart melter of mine too! Love her to pieces!


Happy Friday!!

0 Responses to “My Curtain Project”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint