Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Teacher Gift & My Very First Refashion...

For some of us the school year is already over for the kiddos but since we do the year-round thing around here, we've got a couple more weeks left. I wanted to do something cute and simple for Andy's teacher and when I saw this over at J&M's Eye Candy I knew it was PERFECT!  



It was so cheap and so fun to make. I bought a 8x10 frame and a box of crayons at Dollar Tree and since I didn't have any glitter letter stickers, I used my 40% off one item coupon (that comes every week in the junk mail) to purchase those at Michaels. So I spent a total of $5 on this project. Isn't it cute? I figured she could put it somewhere in her room, or if she doesn't like it, I only spent $5 so it's not the end of the World if she chucks it (just sayin).


You just simply remove and throw away the glass from the frame and it's like 3-D art. The frame I bought didn't have a black backing (it was just cardboard color) but I had some black spray paint on hand so I just sprayed a coat on. I assembled the project with the black backing inside the actual frame because I was worried I would get too close to the edge and then it wouldn't fit. I used a white crayon to outline my big letter and then cut and put all the crayons in place before gluing them on with a hot glue gun.


I also decided that today I was going to put the kiddo crafting aside and do something fun and crafty for myself. We definitely ALL need days like that! I am a huge fan of I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. I read her blog several times a week and she is so talented and very inspiring with her projects. Having also just read about my friend over at Sell Party of 4 talk about the frustrations of shopping when not being a Size 12 (or smaller), and me being in the SAME BOAT, I decided I definitely needed to try out Cheri's Sun and Sky Tee Refashion...


(Now you should be looking at my really cute collar instead of noticing how drab and in desperate NEED of a makeover my bathroom is....It's in the works people, really! I even bought some cute fabric to make some curtains for that weird small window.) Ok, so you need to see another view...


So cute right???!!! I can't believe I sewed that cute collar onto my $5 Wal-Mart shirt. Yep, you heard me right, I spent a whopping $5 on this shirt at Wal-Mart. You have to go over to I Am Momma Hear Me Roar's blog to see the full tutorial. She is seriously AMAZING!! You will totally get hooked on her blog though, just warning you! She seriously has like almost 6,000 followers, she's THAT good!

So I want to dedicate this post today to my sweet friend Evonne because I feel the pain of not being a Size 12 everytime I walk into a store....But today we are totally making XL fun!! hahaha (especially for only $5)


Oh, have I not convinced you yet that you TOTALLY need to have this shirt?? How about now...


Oh yeah, I am totally workin my XL figure...I got me some fierce poses.....hahahaha!


Ok....Now I'm just being ridiculous!! LOL! hahahaha (I love making myself laugh at 11:53pm!)

Happy Crafting!!

0 Responses to “Teacher Gift & My Very First Refashion...”

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
All Rights Reserved She's Crafty | Blogger Template by Bloggermint